Activities Asterousia Crete
From the housing complex our guests can seek the thrills of the mountain or the embrace of the sea. Actually, there is a most interesting path which leads to a few of the most beautiful, secret beaches of southern Crete.
The Asterousia area is one of the most favorite destinations on Crete for those keen on hiking and climbing.
Following is a list of the sites you can visit during your stay in the THALORI Traditional Village:
- The Kophinas peak sanctuary - the oldest Minoan sanctuary in the world.
- Twelve, clearly marked, archaeological sites.
- The Koudoumas monastery, which is still populated, and other, now abandoned hermitages and monastic establishments ("monydria").
- The ruins of seven Minoan settlements.
- Numerous Byzantine and post-Byzantine chapels decorated with murals of various distinct styles.
- Ravines and caves are waiting to be explored. You will also come across the rare, stenoendemic flora of the region, the bush, the plants and herbs on the ragged sides of the rocky hills. These are just an example of the natural beauties which the THALORI guests can experience in and around the highland and coastal zones of the Kapetaniana area.
- The unadulterated, southern sandy beaches of the Heraklion County.